Sunday, February 1, 2009

Up Early, Up Late

Working hard is nothing new. Not to me, not to most of us. But I have learned that I'm not 24 anymore. When I first had my own restaurant, The Union Station Restaurant in the train depot in Denver, I would work from 9am to 10 pm, 6 days a week and it didn't seem so bad. Especially not in retrospect. Now, I get up at 6:30, make coffee for me and Sherry, read the paper for a few, shower, make my list for the day and head out the door at 8:30. Make my shopping stops then off to the Shoppe.

Kirby and Tom always have things under control so I just need to do any prep etc for the day. The lunch rush comes and we handle that. Then I take care of any phone calls. Do my prep for the afternoon. More shopping.

At 5 everyone leaves and I handle the Shoppe as Sandy cleans up. We get done about 7:30 and I head for home. Sherry has been doing a great job of getting dinner ready and I have a nice little meal with her. then I do some bookwork, check the online site and I look up to see that it's after 9pm.

I want to write an entry for the blog. I want to do another video. But I'm too tired. I'm not 24 anymore. I'm 50. Happy as can be but with a few more creaks and cracks. When I was 24 I could get by on 6 hours sleep, today I need 8. So while things still need to be done, I go into the room and watch a little TV and then crash for the night.

Why am I sharing all this? 2 reasons, #1 I haven't been posting as much as I would like and I want you to know that I will start posting more. And #2, to get to the point of this post. Our hours of operation. I haven't kept official track, but I would guess we have changed our operating hours about 6 times since we opened. And yes, we going to change them again this week. Probably just shorten them on Saturday and Monday.

And lastly, as a dedicated Bronco Fan, I was rooting for the Cardinals and didn't think I would be disappointed when they lost, but I was. It was a great game and I rooted for them win. Congrats on a great post season.

No comments: