Monday, September 15, 2008

Government Ain't So Bad

You know, we all hear government horror stories about how some agency made it difficult/impossible for some well meaning business person to get started.  And we've all heard the jokes about the 'bureaucracy'.  Well some it may be true at some levels but in my ventures so far I've found the city and county folks that I've dealt with to be friendly, helpful and caring.  Sure, I waited 40 minutes to talk to someone about a set of plans, but he was working the counter by himself and had 3 people in front of me.  Could he have gone faster?  Maybe, but is that what you really want? I mean, he's checking how many beams are going to hold up the ceiling of a building, yeah, I want him to be thorough, thoughtful and by golly, take his time.  BTW, how many of have waited hours for a video game, a ducket for a show or some other indulgent pleasure?  The folks working with us, the public, and trust me we can be ugly, I've seen it, are just like you and me, they want to go home at night and know they have helped.  Did you see that last sentence?  Must have 8 commas in it, any English teachers out there?  Love you, Todd

No comments: