Monday, September 29, 2008

Monday Morning

And I'm energized and excited. I love Monday morning, a new week, new people, new issues:) Have a lot going on this week getting everything ready. Have a task list the size of an elephant's truck. There are so many little things that need to get done to focus on the couple of really big things. Some people say the devil is in the details, I prefer to say the perfection is in the details. Do it, do it right, do it proud.
I went to the store last night to get a hunk or raw beef for dinner (yes, I cooked it, I'm a medium well guys these days) and when I was checking out the cashier just looked like things had fallen apart in her world. "How's it going," I asked, "I'm at work, what do think" she replied in a sullen, pissed off kind of way. She sure wasn't excited about what she does. "How are you" she asked, "I'm doing great!", "of course you are you're not working.." "I do great even when I am working, I love what I do" was my reply. You could see the look on her face was one of disbelief and curiosity. Fortunately she went the curious way, "Really, what do you do?" I told her about Tamales and she got excited , wanted to come try some. I told her she would have to wait until the end of the month. I know how lucky I am to love what I do. I also know that I create that luck. She could have been excited about something, seeing new people, who knows, but she chose to be depressed and pissed off about her work. I understand that's easy to do, but if you're going to be there, you have a reason. Even if it's just the paycheck, there are things that paycheck does that make you happy, go to that place. Shit, I just said to go to your happy place. Damn, Dr. Phil would love me. Anyway, you get the point.

No comments: