Friday, November 14, 2008

First Day of Cooking

I got to put a knife to some veggies. It's okay, they were prepared. It felt so good to slice and chop and toss them in the kettle. Cathartic. I'm slower (as a cook) then I was in my 20's. But I was wild and unrefined back then. I could sling hash faster than, well, anyone. I was a speed demon. Back in my early 20's I worked with my old Friend, Gary. He had the nickname 'Chrome Wheels' because he was velvety smooth as he moved down the line. He could put out some plates and each one was perfect. He nicknamed me, 'Mag Wheels' because I was faster then he, but not as perfect. I used to sacrifice a little perfection for speed.
Not anymore. It's okay to pace yourself. It was also very peaceful for me to just cook. Even though my feet are sore.... I love doing this. Watch the video, it's short, about a minute.

No comments: